Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The things kids say....

Our friends have just begun the processing of adopting...they are at the very beginning...deciding which agency, from where and all that good stuff. They recently moved from the town near us to about 1 hour away...so we haven't seen them in about a month. I received this message on Facebook from her and I just had to share it with you all......they have three kids and this is the conversation she was having with her two oldest the other day. I should probably tell you that they LOVE Halle and through our WHOLE journey of adoption they were praying for us and we knew it....we love this family so much!!!

I just had to tell you that as we've been looking at adoption agencies & discussing things, we haven't said much to our kids- knowing that it will be a long time before we would actually have a kiddo to bring home.

However, when the kids and I were talking about the difference between a baby growing in a mom's belly and getting to be a forever mom to a baby who grew in someone else's belly. I gave some examples of people we know who have adopted.

H's eyes got huge and he yelled, "Me want Halle! Me want baby Halle in our family!"
I explained that Halle already has a forever mom and dad. The disappointment was heartbreaking.
Then he said, "Me have lots of Halles?"
I said, "Do you mean that you want a baby like Halle? Smiley with brown skin and curly hair?"
He nodded "Lots and lots of baby Halles, Mom!"

I knew you'd appreciate that...I have a feeling if we have any more white babies our kids might be bummed :)

1 comment:

Dena said...

I SO love that even our kids see the difference but might just love her MORE because of it!!! ;)

xoxo