Thursday, July 10, 2008

Adoption Update --

Thank you Jesus!!! JoAnn came to our house today for our home visit....our home study is officially over.  Now the hard work comes for JoAnn.  She has to write up the home study.  And...I have to finish our album to send off the agency along with a "Dear Birthmother" letter.  Just what do you say to the birthmother of your future child?  How could you ever put into words how we will feel when we see our child.  Ok, this is seriously making me cry.  SHOOT!!!  We are definitely praying about that.  We are getting super excited and little nervous, sometimes scared.  WOW!  This is really happening.  When I asked Margaret at the agency about the timeline this is how she responded:  You are moving along quite well! I am glad. We have a number of babies due who are bi-racial or full African American. You must remember when I say this that birth mothers come and go out of our program, so there is never a guarantee, but be prepared as soon as I receive your study, profile and album. I will need the latter for the birth mother to see when she is selecting.   So we are going to try and be prepared whatever that might be.  Keep praying for us..........

1 comment:

Dena said...

I will email you what Melissa and Greg both wrote. ;)