Sunday, November 21, 2010

Halle Grace

Two years ago on this date in Tyler, Tx this little girl was placed in my arms.  From that day on she has blessed my socks off!  That day just happened to be "National Adoption Day" in 2008 and while our family and friends in Washington were celebrating at the courthouse we were receiving the BEST gift EVER.  For as long as I live I will not forget that day....and when Halle is old enough her Daddy and I will tell her all about it and show her all the pictures we have.  Pictures of her Birth Mom and her Foster family....pictures we treasure.  I loved that the people who worked at the agency just grabbed our camera and began snapping pictures.  Because of this little girl we have learned what it is to be Parent's.....in my opinion, the HARDEST job one will ever have...and since Halle is TWO right now we are right in the middle of some of the worst days I have ever had.  BUT, when that little girl hugs me around my legs and says "Love you Mommy"....I melt.  I forget all the hard days I've had and remember Jesus has given us Halle as a gift.  He blessed us when her Birth Mom chose us after looking through many profiles....she gave her life and grew her in her tummy.  But, she so grew in our hearts!  I remember so clearly the day Bob from Christian Homes called my cell phone to tell us about this little girl.  I remember everyone in my office gathering around the computer as I pulled up her picture for the first time....I remember her Daddy's tears when he first laid eyes on her while she was in my arms and Halle looking up worried when Daddy fed her the very first bottle.  What an AMAZING journey we have been on!!  Thank you Jesus for blessing us with this little brown girl...we love her very much!!

Pictures from our FIRST day together




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I happen to find your blog on someone else's...congratulations she is too cute!!