Sunday, May 16, 2010

Our Church

I love our church...I could list the reasons here and my post would get very, very long. Every week I learn something new....and I feel like I'm with my family. This morning I went to use the restroom after church was finished. As I sat down I heard two women chatting while washing their hands. One was explaining that she was a new attender to our church and how she just LOVED it. The other was agreeing whole-heartedly. My ears perked up....while the first gal explained that she had only been to about 5 services. And, how, on her first or second visit she had filled out a prayer request card....she explained to the other gal how the transmission went out on her car and she was unable to pay for it as the total bill was $2000. She was ecstatic when the church offered to pay $500 towards the repair of her car and not only that, they were able to find her a shop that would allow her to make payments!! That is the love of Christ working! Thank you NCCTK for listening to Jesus and carrying out his work!! What a generous and loving gift.....

**Edited to add** This just brought to my mind that old chorus: "I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God, I've been washed in the fountain, cleansed by His blood. Joint heirs with Jesus as we travel this sod, for I'm part of the family, the family of God"

No comments: