Some made music, some made noise, all made a difference. We celebrate 125 women who during the past 125 years, broke records, broke ground, blazed trails, and suffered trials, shattering ceilings of glass and even tougher stuff. While some are obvious choices and some obscure, all acted to increase our liberty, safety, and prosperity. One of them makes the best lemon meringue pie ever. We honor these matron saints whose work continues to bring pleasure, save lives and widen the scope of little girls' dreams.
I'm sure I now have all of you on pins and needles...right? Because I don't want to name all of 125...here's the top five....
- 1. Oprah Winfrey -- Queen of all Media
- 2. Hillary Rodham Clinton -- Secretary of State, Former First Lady, Former US Senator
- 3. Mother Teresa -- Missionaries of Charity Founder
- 4. Rosa Parks -- Civil Rights Activist
- 5. Eleanor Roosevelt -- First Lady, US Delegate to the UN, Human Rights Activist