Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wounded

WOW!  I really don't feel as if I should even have to explain myself but I will.  To the "anonymous" comment poster:

Do you know my family?  Do you know our financial situation?  And that we have prayed about our situation many, many times and know without a shadow of a doubt that this is what our Jesus wants us to do?  That we choose to use the agency we do because of the reputation it has.  One of integrity and respect.  They are knowledgeable beyond a doubt. We are not choosing to adopt through an agency because of the "Lynden" stigma.  Trust me we are FAR from being part of that and really we don't even live there.  Can I just address that as well?  We have many, many friends at our church who have adopted their children through agencies.  Not because they are wanting to "fit in" or be apart of what others are doing.  They have prayerfully considered their options and chosen to fully live out James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."  Wow.  My husband and I have always felt adopting through the state, though more reasonable in price, is not for us.  We have suffered through four pregnancy losses.  One being at 19 weeks.  We have watched our friends struggle through state adoption situations that have dragged on for years.  This is not for us.

I have removed your comments from my blog and ask that your refrain from sharing them here.  I find it wounding and very disrespectful.  Use your words carefully.  I know that only our Jesus should be the one to judge.  Shame on you.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I don't know why some people get off on posting rude comments on blogs of transparent writers. It is ridiculous! I didn't read the post, but am appalled that you even had to address this nonsense. I, honestly, cannot think of a better family for your precious children to live in.

We love you and support you, April!

Unknown said...

Well stated April. Some people are just plain mean with their words.

Rachel Clark said...

I don't know what they said, but I know your heart. I've been there with you from the beginning...the years of longing for your family to be complete...the losses, and the joy of meeting Miss Halle when you came to get her in Texas. I have no doubt about your pure love for your daughter, sweet Elliot, and your new baby on the way! Whatever that person said is worm food compared to the treasure that is your heart. Keep your focus on Him and all that is good. "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Phil 4:8

(Don't dwell on the rest!) Love you!

Rachel

mary j said...

Very well said April and you do not need to ever justify your reasoning for adoption or who you go through, this is something between you and Aaron and only between the two of you. I have no idea what the blogger said but don't let their negativity get you down, you have too many people supporting you and praying for your family that you will soon have a new baby son or daughter to love.

Laurel said...

So so sorry.

So so sad.

I, too, have had horrible words spewed at me by "anonymous" . . . and my "anonymous" lived locally, as well (and seriously seemed to be stalking me in order to point out all of my faults on my blog).

God knows your heart (and so do all of the people that love you and are supporting you on this journey). Keep your head up.

By the way . . . LOVE the pics in the blog header.

Hugs!

Laurel :)

Laurel said...

I have a cute little bunny hat sitting next to me. :)

Let me now when you'll be in town and want to stop by and pick it up.

:) :) :)