Monday, February 11, 2008

Remembering...

I'm feeling reminiscent....my good friend Amy Westerhof sent me a link to a video clip from the Lynden Relay for Life last year. It made me cry....and made me think of my Dad! I miss him and his laugh, his smile and all the funny things he would say. I miss that my children will never get to go fishing with their Grandpa Dwight. I miss that I won't get to go camping with him again or hear him sing "How Great thou Art" in church. I can just picture him with his right hand raised in praise while his left hand was in his pocket...clear as day I can picture that. We went to Cabela's this weekend and I almost cried knowing Dad would have loved it so much. I know he wouldn't want us to be sad, but...I miss him so much. So...this is why again this year I will walk in the Relay for Life....it's a way I can show I care....if you haven't participated in something like this, I suggest you give it a try. It is so powerful...and challenging. Here is the video clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=przst_WX1hc

No comments: