Friday, June 20, 2008

Relay for LIFE!

Lynden held the American Cancer Society Relay for Life on June 20 & 21 at the Lynden High School Track.  This year we all participated...Aaron even came and walked with me during my hour, thanks honey!!  Mom was able to come with us this time too!!  We're proud of you Mom! We had a really good time and thank goodness the rain stayed away.  Huge praise for Amber...she raised over $1000.00 on her own.  And....all together the Relay for Life raised $271,000.00 for the American Cancer Society!  This is such an AMAZING cause...again, I encourage you to take part if you never have.  Especially if cancer has touched your life in some way.  We'll be back next year!!!

Here's all of us: Mom, Nick my brother-in-law, Amber my sister & Me.  Amber made us those cool necklaces of my Dad.  Great idea!!  And...Nick & Amber & I each put a message on our shirts....Nick: Walking for Big "D", Amber & I: Walking for my Dad.  My message was on top.  
Our little friend Rylee, got to walk the survivor lap with his Dad & Mom!!  He's a survivor of Neuroblastoma that he was diagnosed with in April.  
My Mom's friend Joyce (far left) lost her husband Andy to cancer in May.  She was here visiting from Arizona so she and her sister, son & daughter-in-law came to walk for an hour with my Mom.  How cool is that?  Mom is the one with Dad's picture around her neck! 
When it starts to get dark we get to light the luminaria bags.  What an honor to light my Dad's!!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I found your blog as I was about to update mine. The Lord works in mysterious ways. My dear friend is at the end of her fight with Pancreatic Cancer. Your blog really encouraged me. I am in awe of His Amazing Grace and timing. God Bless You!

His Amazing Grace said...

Thank you Janet! Though I do not know you I pray that God uses me to reach others who are walking through some of the same journeys that I have! God Bless You and friend! I pray that her last days are filled with God's wonder and amazement!! Blessings to you.....
April