Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Son


Let me take a moment and introduce you to our Son....Elliott Aamdot.  It's important to me that I do this.  He is still our son even though he's not here with us.  And we want all of you, those we love to know him just as we do.  Last week we got his pictures back from the photographer. Oh.My.Word. What an incredible job she did.  This is my very favorite one.  Why?  Because I can see his sweet button nose and that little mouth. After studying this multiple times....I can see pieces of Aaron and I in our precious gift.  His nose, could be like his Titi's (my sister, Amber...she has a button nose), but...then again, the Benner's also have cute button noses like Elliott's cousin Hayden.  And his mouth...every.single.time. I look at it I see his Daddy.  And...this face he's making is also just like his Daddy.  I'm so very thankful for the way Jesus is showing me these things. When I looked at him on the day he was born it was hard to tell if he looked like either one of us.  He was so little and I was so caught up in the moment...seeing this precious life that I had carried for 19 weeks...that Jesus had knit together in my womb. How simply amazing.  I don't know how anyone could look at this picture of our Elliott at just 19 weeks gestation and not know that a human life is a miracle.  One we should never ever take for granted.  Only our Jesus could make something as precious as this.  Let that sink in.  From the very moment Elliott was conceived our Jesus knew him and the plans He had for his life.  Plans of greatness.  Plans to teach other's about the love of Jesus.  I am so thankful for this.

4 comments:

Elle said...

April, he is so beautiful! That photo is beautiful too! He almost looks like he's smiling. What a precious angel. Life is truly a gift given by God. What treasures those photos are for your family. :)

Mikki said...

Beautiful!

Rosanne said...

Oh, April. He is just so precious! Thanks for sharing this picture with us. How awesome you get to have these pictures of your little guy to remember him by. It was so fun to sit and chat with you the other night, by the way!

Laurel said...

Beautiful!

Priceless.

I was hoping you would share a picture or two when you got them back.

I can't imagine being the photographer. But ... what an amazing gift to your family.

Laurel