Saturday, December 20, 2008

So Emotional --

I have been so emotional lately!  SHEEESHHH!!!  Even more so since little Halle came to be with us.  I can cry at the drop of a hat...especially if it involves babies and/or the birth of those babies.  I usually cry when watching a "Baby Story" but...this is crazy!  AND...I just re-read our Christmas letter and got choked up again.  I'm wondering...I believe our Jesus does this to us Mommies...He gives us such tender hearts.  Hearts that love our little babies so much.  Then again, maybe it's because it's Christmas time and we're celebrating yet another Christmas without my Dad.  This will be the third Christmas without my Dad.  He so loved Christmas...he loved being with family, the gift exchanges and just resting in God's love.  He read the Christmas story to us every Christmas Eve and always tried to guess what his presents would be under the tree.  That turkey...the crazy part was he was usually right!  I guess after you open so many t-shirts and DVD's it just becomes second nature!!  HEHEHEHE!  You know what else?  He loved to find the perfect Christmas tree.  We would traipse around the Christmas tree farm for what seemed like hours...oh wait...it was hours until we found the perfect tree.  Sometimes we wouldn't agree with him and finally he got fed up with us.  He just started buying the trees all by himself.  Sometimes already cut!  I do specifically remember one year when I was upstairs in my room and Dad hollered for me to come down and help him with the tree.  I came down the stairs to find him wrestling with the tree.  It was crooked so he decided it would be a good idea to tie fishing line to the trunk and attach that to a nail in the wall!  OH MY!!  That was crazy!  But...his tree was straight after that...what can I say?  I mentioned how he loved gift exchanges.  Well, we have a gift exchange from my Mom's extended family and each year Dad would go WAY over the $25 budget.  One year he even brought a remote control PT cruiser. That topped it all!!  We know Dad is enjoying Christmas in Heaven now...can you imagine!??  WOW!!

No comments: