Friday, June 25, 2010

Relay for LIFE!

Wow! Relay has come and gone....and I'm already looking forward to next year! What a super fun time I had. This year, I even stayed ALL night. It was fun, but...I think it took me a few days to recover....1 1/2 hours of sleep isn't *quite* enough for this Mommy! I made Hal a super fun shirt this year and Kiana, along with her friend Kayla stayed up with me. Denise & Caedmon slept in the tent while Rachel and Austin walked and chatted the night away. I'm blessed...blessed to witness all the love and support everyone in our little town gives to all of us who participate each year in Relay for Life. I just love the whole atmosphere of this event....yes, it is emotional, but...in a such a good way. I relay for my Dad, who passed away in 2006 after a 4 1/2 battle with prostate cancer....why do I relay???? My answer short, yet sweet is this, it's so NOT fair that my little girl will NEVER get to meet her Grampie on this side of heaven. If the money we raised saves EVEN ONE life...I want to be a part of it! If you haven't participated in this event in your town...give it a try....make a difference!! Trust me...it's well worth it!
Daddy & Hal chillin' actually, I think she seriously wanted down!
Pretty cherries on her face...no, she's not sucking her thumb...just getting her molars!























































































Because I can't get this silly formatting to work....here's my description of the pictures.

  • Mr. Relay....Joel VAN...he was one kick away from winning!
  • My other partners in crime...ok, Team Captains...Amy VAN & Denise...did I mention it was FREEZING?? It's quite apparent in this picture!
  • My Dad's Luminaria bags
  • Such a Silly Girl that Kiana....rest assured she didn't eat ALL of these...
  • Pretend you're asleep Austin....ah...he was not so good at that!!
  • Best friends...Kiana & Kayla....thanks girls, you made my night!!

No comments: