Saturday, November 1, 2008

Open House Saturday

My friend Stacy does this from time to time and think it's so fun....so, here's what's going on this Saturday.

I'm thankful for....my husband...our small group, they are amazing...my sweet Jesus.  AND the opportunity to spend time with my nieces and nephews and their parent's last night at the Harvest Carnival.  

I'm listening to...a random mixed MP3 disc in our living room...in the background I hear what sounds like a million little birdies.  I think they've found the bird feeder we put out this morning.  HOORAAAYYY!!!

In the oven...Oatmeal Scotchies.  Requested by my dear husband.  I'm bringing some to the boys working on Dan & Lisa's new house.

What's for dinner tonight....Turkey meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes & green salad.  Good comfort food for this first day of November. 

What I'm looking forward to...church tomorrow, we begin a new sermon series "Hope and Help for Hard times - Finding peace and joy in your pains, problems and pressures" I know I can always use a good reminder for this!  AND...most of all lots of time with Aaron tomorrow.  A lazy Sunday is what we are both craving!!!

What's happening this week....Leah's "At Home America" party, Bunco, Small Group & a shower for my sweet friend Sarah, her husband Todd & their two kiddos, Joshua & Katherine. 

I'm feeling a little under the weather....I think I need to take some Airborne...I certainly don't want the nasty cold that is going around.  I'm so glad to be spending a WHOLE Saturday at home....this is the life!!!! 

1 comment:

Stacy said...

April-
I LOVED reading this! :) I'm glad you did it. And your dinner sounds right up my alley. I want to come over!!!

~Stacy