Friday, November 14, 2008

Our Daughter!

It is with much joy, and trust me....lots and lots of excitement...and right now tears that I give you all this news. Yesterday at about 11:50am our adoption agency called us with "the call". The call we'd been waiting for...for a very long time. I'm counting all those months, well, actually years of trying to conceive. They all ceased to be when I received this call. We have a baby girl...we have named her Halle Grace. She was born on September 26 in Tyler, TX and from birth has been in a very loving foster home. She weighed 5lbs and was 19" at birth. She's little and oh so cute!!! And...we love her so much already.....in fact, I woke up this morning just needing to get up. Trust me that doesn't happen very often. I know that will be changing in the next few days. I needed to come here to the computer and blog about MY DAUGHTER!! All our fears have been put to rest, we'll except packing and doing all of that....what to bring? For me, for her? For Aaron, just kidding...he usually takes care of all of that for me! So many miracles happened for us yesterday. Halle's birthmother wants to meet us and have an open adoption...we are so excited about that. We want to know this incredible woman who sacrificed so much and gave our daughter life. So...we will most likely leave on November 19. I know...that's soon....but of course, nothing will seem soon enough. My heart just ached this morning as I thought about holding her for the first time. What it will feel like...ahhhhh!! I can't wait. More than that, I can't wait to see Aaron holding Halle...I'm sure buckets will be needed for my tears. It's a good thing God takes care of those for me!! We do have a family we can stay with in Texas....praise the Lord. AND...we are actually really looking forward to being there. The agency doesn't require we stay in Tyler which is good...we have always wanted to go to Austin and we'll stay near there. We may be gone over Thanksgiving, but...we'll be here in spirit. And...I just want to say what's really on my heart. My Dad, passed away two years ago on November 25. He would be so excited for us right now and you know what....I think he can see this from heaven he's looking down and saying "Well done, Ape (that's what he called me)....you made it. You persevered...you didn't give up.....you prayed and had faith.....be blessed! What great way to remember this time. Now will always remember being with Halle on November 25. So...please continue to pray for this new Mommy & Daddy as they transition to life with a little one. We know everything will work out, but...there are so many details to take care of as we travel, leave work...you know...all that stuff! Pray for the birthmother and the foster family...I'm sure it won't be easy for them to see Halle go! Give us strength and grace. OH...one more thing...if you'd like to see a picture of her. Please post your e-mail address in a comment. I can send it to you then. BUT...we can not post it on a blog, facebook or myspace. That's what the agency has asked and we need and want to follow the rules.....
Blessings to all of you from this new family of THREE!!!

20 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

YAY! So glad that all the details are coming together! We will be praying for your journey, meeting your baby girl, the birthmother and so forth! Praise God! Our email is bdlohrer@gmail.com We would love to see your new baby girl! All praise and glory to our Heavenly Father! Love you so much!

Unknown said...

We are so happy that all your prayers have been answered! My email is chadwdesigns@gmail.com. Have fun in Texas!

Tanya said...

So happy for you both! I (Tanya) went to school with Aaron and Jason remembers you (April) from Premier. We have been reading your blog and following this "adventure", waiting to hear that you have received "the call". We are so excited for both of you! As much as we always want things to happen sooner than they do, our God always has the perfect timing! We would love to see a picture of this precious baby girl that will become a part of your family in just a few short days. Our email address is jtscheib@msn.com.

Cris said...

Heavenly Father - God of All our destinies - We praise you for Your Gift of Halle to April & Aaron! Lead them on in this one of a kind adventure, as only You can.
In Your Precious One & Only Son's name Jesus- Amen. Praying for you -

Carrie said...

I read this with tears in my eyes. God is so good!!! We are so excited for you & can't wait to hear all about your adventures being a mommy & daddy! We'd love to see her sweet little pic...(inmancarrie@hotmail.com)
CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY!!!!

Mrs. M said...

What wonderful news!!!! Yay!! Please email me a pic at tsunshine73@gmail.com

Angela said...

Dena sent me to your blog a while back so I stuck it in my favorites and have been checking it often to keep up with you two in this journey (and enjoy some yummy recipes!) I'm so excited for you! You will continue to be in our prayers as your family transitions to three!

Laura Mellema said...

Scott and I are so happy for you and Aaron, It brings us back. We will pray that your meeting with the birthmom goes smoothly, what a gift she is giving you. God knows!! He is giving you your daughter Halle at this time of year wow how awesome is He. It gives me chilles to think of you and Aaron meeting your daughter for the first time. What an awesome moment! Lots of pics. We love you and will continue to pray for you. I would love to see pictures. Thank-you for sharing. I know there will be many more soon.
slmellema@comcast.net

Stacy said...

WOO HOO!
I feel like I'm still reeling from your good news; I can't imagine what YOU'RE feeling right now!!!
Praising God at His incredible favor and plan... not only for your sweet Halle, but for you and Aaron as mommy and daddy!
(((hugs)))
~Stacy

Michelle said...

Congrats you two! God is just amazing. April, when you talked about your Dad I could totally see and hear him talking to you. Looks like we have a future bunco player? Please send me a pic of her.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm a long time lurker and just wanted to come out of the woodwork and say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The Princess said...

Of course I want to see her!!! my email address is princessamandakay@gmail.com. I am so excited for you both. I cried and cried when I read your tribute to your dad...what a wonderful man and father he was to you! The generations that follow him will be blessed (and that generation starts with Halle!!!!!). So thrilled for you and your bursting-with-joy mommy heart:)

theblankers4 said...

I would LOVE to see a pic of the beautiful baby!
I;m so excited for you, and cannot wait to see her beautiful little face in person!
Alicia
theblankers4@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

April & Aaron -

We are so excited for you! Auntie Joy sent us a picture of her. She's SO beautiful! What a wonderful blessing. I know the two of you have been waiting for a family for a long time.

Have a safe and exciting time in Texas!

Your Cousins,
Annie & Dan &
Allison, Gabe, Marissa & Nate
(And Auntie Lyla too!)

bbqdaisy said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, my heart rejoices with you guys! This is such wonderful news! How awesome that God hand picked this precious baby girl to be YOURS! What wonderful new parents she already has ... ohhhhhhhhh JOY ... I can already picture in my head you guys being her mommy and daddy - sweet! I love the name you picked, so beautiful! We would love to see a picture, I think you already have our e-mail!
Congratulations - Lots of BLESSINGS on your trip to bring Halle home :) YIPPEE!
Love
Maria

Life in a nutshell said...

I am so happy for you guys! I remember 'the call' (three times over) and we wish you the best! Sending up prayers for traveling, foster family and of course birthmom. If you need anything give me a holler! My address (for pictures too!) is nintfamily@verizon.net
Dawn

Vonda said...

Oh, April-- I am so excited for you! I keep checking back to see if anything has happened-- and it finally has!! What a blessing-- you and Aaron will be in my prayers as you go to meet your daughter for the first time. God is so good!!
I'd LOVE to see a picture: vjdejong@hotmail.com Thanks!

Dan and Sarah said...

I am CRYING!!!!! God is so so so so good!!!

Cassandra Raney said...

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Mandy!!! Congrats! Praise Jesus for your sweet daughter that He has chosen for you from before time began. You are going to be an incredible mother. So excited for you both!

Harms Family said...

MANDY...Praise GOD! I am so happy and excited for you. Yes send me a picture of that beautiful daughter. Can't wait. (sensabible@yahoo.com)